Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Where do I start......

INSPIRATION where does it come from? you never know where or when it will happen well it happened to me in September of 2006 as my family of 4 (a daughter who is 4, a son who is 10 1/2 months, a great husband and myself) were getting some photographs done to send out for christmas card. i have always been interested in photography and had been looking into photography classes when i met Amanda Sakundiak and her sister Juanita Malcolm of dream photographyhttp://www.dreamphotography.biz
this story has truly made me believe in fate. I picked up one of their business cards at a great baby and maternity store in saskatoon called two little birdies. their business card was of one photograph of a little boy on a bike and their names simply printed on the side of the photograph. it immediately caught my attention for two reasons, one because it was full of life and fun and modernly unique, and the second because it was more about the photograph than a name plastered across a business card with no soul. i can tell you that these girls have soul!!! i gave the number on the bus. card a call to ask a couple of questions and on the other line i got this voice that was full of life and a true love of what she was doing. hearing the excitement in her voice made me realize that i wanted her to do our family portraits. this all happened very early in the summer and i was waiting until fall so we could have some great fall color in our shots, i put it on hold for a couple months and mid September i gave the number a call again but got the answering machine, so i left a message and awaited a call. A day or two after the kids and i decided to head to saskatoon for a shopping trip. my fate was to happen while i sat on a bench in Aldo (a shoe store) trying on a pair of boots. This friendly face turned to me and said "it must be challenging shopping with two kids" my reply was "not challenging just interesting at times". a couple seconds later she came to me handing me a business card as i looked down i see dream photography. FATE had braught us together in a shoe store. she not only gave me fantastic memories of my family but an inspiration for my future. i sent her an email asking her advice on how to get started on a career in photography and she was more than willing to help in any way she could. Amanda is not your average person she is my inspiration.
i baught a camera not long after our incounter and have been addicted to it since. my kids and husband are ready for me to find some new subjects. my love for photography and my inspiration from dream photography has lead me to start up my own photography business called mya.emerson photography.
i would like to thank all the people who have been so kind as to lend me their time so i could practice. thankyou and i will treasure all your pictures and memories of the days that were spent with you. and thankyou Amanda and Juanita you are wonderful people with a great gift of making every picture you take tell a story. i will post some pictures tomorrow as i am on dial up and it takes forever :~{

No comments: