Saturday, January 13, 2007

BIG DEAL!

Well today is my Birthday and they keep getting better and better. Before we had kids we celebrated special occasions like this by going out for supper and buying gifts and making a big deal out of it. Well not until now do I realize that all that was fine but what really matters is family and good friends and just being around them. My husband left for Denver this morning, as he got ready to go he wished me a Happy Birthday and gave me a kiss on the forehead (morning breath is just not romantic), wished me a good day and then proceeded to phone me everytime he landed somewhere just to let me know he made it. That was much better than a supper. My gift today was the time spent with my kids, we hung out at home (they "helped" me pack as I am meeting my husband in Denver tomorrow). Then we went to the rink for skating lessons and My oldest who is 4 said she would buy me a piece of pie for my birthday(she had taken money from her piggy bank, 3 nickels or beavers she calls them). If you have ever been to the Drake rink for pie you know that it was a treat. As for making a big deal out of it, that came at the end of night when I kissed my two kidlets goodnight and realized how thankful I am for them and that every day I can spend with them is a BIG DEAL.
Thanks to all for visiting my blog, I will post more pictures when I get back.
stay safe,
Paula

2 comments:

Chara Blair said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chara Blair said...

Hi Paula Just a little note to say; How great I think you and your new adventure is. Your pictures are as unique as you they truly show your personality. I know that you will do well at this you have a way of making everyone smile. Best of luck to you, and a happy belated birthday. ( missed you before you left for Denver). Good luck, Love always Chara Blair